Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hanging in G-Ville!

I have been in the major metropolis known as Greenville, IL over the past couple of weeks. This town is about 50 miles east of St. Louis and has pretty much nothing. Well there is a McDonald's, a KFC/Taco Bell, and a DQ somewhere but no Waffle House, Longhorn, Chili's, Applebee's, or even a good wing spot. You have to drive pretty far to find a Wal-Mart and even farther to find any other restaurants. To think I thought moving to Jefferson, GA was a culture shock, at least I can get to Athens, Commerce, or even Buford to eat in less than 30 minutes.

The entire first week was pretty freakin' boring, no one really wanted to go eat or entertain the outsider not that I need hand holding but a little hospitality wouldn't hurt. This week has been more fun as I have hung out with a couple of different people. I even met another pro wrestling fan that is more into wrestling right now than I am. It was fun watching RAW with a group as opposed to watching it on DVR sometime during the week. I am returning home on Friday however must fly back into G-Ville on Monday for another meeting that I just found out about today. While driving around yesterdai I saw a sign for Dudleyville, I wonder if that is where Brother Ray and Brother Devon are from.

No comments: