Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's OK to Steal

Recently I had a trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in LakeBuena Vista, FL. At the hotel they sell these to-go mugs that allow you to fill them up with hot or cold beverages at anytime during your stay. Now the mugs cost like $15.00 but if you are staying for several days they are well worth it. Now on the promo poster it clearly states that the mugs are only "ONLY GOOD FOR THE STAY IN WHICH THEY WERE PURCHASED". That means that the mug 'expires' on the final day of your stay. Makes sense to me. What amazed me was the number of people using older mugs and filling them up, especially the dancers that were there for the national championships. The kicker was the attitude I overheard from one of the mothers who said "I just bring my mug back because Disney has enough of my money." Wow what a statement. Basically what she is saying is it is ok to steal from someone if you feel you have given them enough money elsewhere. And we wonder what is wrong with our youth today...just look at the role models we have.

No comments: