Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Movie Reviews

Rocky Balboa
Very enjoyable, a perfect close to the series of movies. Not anything like that Rocky V stuff they tried to push on us several years ago. I thought it brought the character full circle and was well done, of course there were some flaws but still very enjoyable movie. Here is a cool note about Rocky V though, right before it came out I met Evander Holyfield at the movie theater I was working at and I asked him for an autograph. As we walked back to the office to get some paper we looked at the Rocky V poster on the wall. He told me he was offered a part in the movie but said they wanted him to lose to Tommy Morrison. Evander stated that Tommy couldn't beat him in real life and that he wasn't going to beat him in a movie either. By the way I still have the autograph.

Hockey Mom
I got this one from Netflix thinking it would be a good family movie.....wrong! From the first time the *s* word was said I knew this wasn't what I expected. I think it was trying to be a drama or an inspirational flick but I am not sure. Basically a woman challenges a men's hockey team to a game and turns the entire town upside down in only four weeks. Very predictable, should have watched something from my own library of movies.

Stick It
This is a gymnastics movie (yes I like gymnastics) that looked like it was going to be Bring It On but with gymnastics instead of cheerleading. If that is what they were going for they missed the mark. This movie jumped around a lot and didn't even have good gymnastics in it. It had a bunch of unknowns in it but did have Jeff Bridges as one of the stars. It kind of jumped from a story of a rebel girl to a story of how gymnastics meets are controlled by judges. If you liked Bring It On or are a fan of gymnastics skip this movie. Here is how good it was; the two sequels to Bring It On were better than this. For the record I did see the Bring It On trilogy!

2 comments:

Roy T said...

There was a third Bring it On?!?
I thought it had "already been broughtn'."

freeithink said...

Some pretty weighty movies there fella.
Movies that force one to consider ones existence and ones meaning in the world.... unless of course one already has that sort of thing reinforced by whatever government institution one has.

posted by anonymous