Sunday, December 30, 2007

AWESOME!!!

That pretty much sums up the service I went to today....AWESOME. I chose to go to A Call to Salvation I really did not know what to expect, I mean I read their website and all but was still unsure. Upon pulling into the parking I knew that this had the potential to be good. They had greeters with golf umbrellas grabbing the guests as they came in since it was raining. I went to the children's area and Greg 2.0 was ready to go, the kids were really having a great time and he jumped right in. Worship started at 10:30am with some really good singing, the music was not live but the singing was. It looked like the music was usually live since they had instruments on the stage but with so many people out of town I figured they did what they had to do. Once the pastor took over she spoke of 'rebuking in the name of Jesus'. Very emotional. They gave everyone a chance to pray together and such as one of Kirk Franklin's songs played. Very cool. She then went into the fact that 2007 is nearly over and lets look forward to 2008. We did a report card on our spirituality for 2007 which was very humbling when we started grading ourselves. Bottom line it showed you where to improve for '08 and we know what we need to do. The entire church was very nice and the sermon was GREAT! Greg 2.0 seemed to enjoy the kid's area and I look forward to returning for another visit in the near future.

No comments: