Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chris Benoit and the past 24 hours

Yesterday I logged onto wwe.com to check the results from Vengeance pay-per-view the night before. I read that Chris Benoit missed his match due to a family illness and my first thought was "is this a shoot or a work?". I then checked 1wrestling.com and they had no answer. I went about the rest of my day as usual and then at about 6:45pm or so I decided to check some sites and went back to 1wrestling to see if they had any update and there it was "Chris Benoit and family found dead". I felt sick to my stomach. I was in disbelief and checked wwe.com and there it was again. I truly wanted to throw up. In only a few days we lose Sherri Martel, Chris Benoit, and Woman (Chris' wife Nancy). I didn't know how to feel. Here is one of the greatest performers ever and he has died mysteriously. I read one report that said he missed the house show Saturday due to Nancy and Daniel (his son) were sick and throwing up blood. Somehow I thought to myself "man I hope Chris had nothing to do with this". I watched much of RAW last night to see the tribute and recorded the rest as it was time to go to bed.
Then this morning comes and it is being speculated that Chris murdered his wife and son over the weekend then committed suicide on Monday. Again I got sick to my stomach. I thought "no way" not the person who was such a family man, one that never got into trouble. No rumors of drug use or anything like that. Not Chris Benoit he couldn't have done this. Then I heard it a few times on the radio and still tried to deny to possibility. I hope somehow they have this wrong and I can write another blog about how wrong the authorities were. I will stay tuned and will keep the entire Benoit family in my prayers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an odd one to be sure. I don't want to form an opionion on what may or may not have happened until all the "facts" are in. Loss of life in most circumstances is tragic, and none more so than this as the life of a child has been lost. From everything i've ever heard Chris Benoit was a stand up guy, so its it strikes me as odd that we're all so quick to crucify the guy. Best advice...keep their family and friends in your prayers (if that's your thing) and let's remember the ladder matches, the crippler crossfaces, and most of all the Toothless Agression for all of the excitement that we were given over the years in WCW, WWF, and WWE.

Crucian said...

One thing I must add on as it relates to everyone crucifying him...the night before everyone was praising the guy, a few hours go by and they all turn to a bunch of modern day Pharisees. That's so hypocritical. WWE has completely turned their back on him and you know he'll never be inducted into the Hall of Fame. I just had to comment on how hypocritical some people have been about this.

Regardless of how high you place a person, remember that they are human and WILL do things that any other human can do. Some good, some bad but we need to stop placing pastors, athletes, pop star and any celebrity on this high pedestal as though they don't make mistakes to. Like Jesus said, "he that is without sin, cast the first stone."