Wednesday, June 20, 2007

'Sensational' Sherri Martel - gone too soon


I could not believe the news I saw when i came back form Chicago on Saturday night. I had not been online for several days so when I got home I logged onto one of my favorite blogs and to my surprise it spoke of the death of "Sensational" Sherri Martel. Sherri was one of the greatest women of pro wrestling ever. I remember her when she wrestled in the AWA, then onto the WWE first as a wrestler then as a manger. She managed the likes of "Macho Man" Randy Savage and "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels and really added so much to their persona's. She then moved to WCW where she worked with Ric Flair then Harlem Heat. Just last year she was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame which was well deserved. I had the honor of meeting Sherri on several occasions and she was one of the most humble, sweet women in the business I have ever met. She never acted as if she had been a superstar or anything like that no huge ego at all. She was just cool, she would talk to all of the young workers and help them in anyway possible. It was fun being able to hang with a former WWE and WCW Superstar and talk about all kinds of stuff not just wrestling. Rest in Peace Sherri it was my pleasure to have spent time with you and you were truly SENSATIONAL!!!

Here is a link to Sherri's WWE Hall of Fame bio: http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame/sherrimartel/bio/

No comments: