Monday, September 10, 2007

Communication...

Everyone says that communication is the key in any realtionship, personal or business, but is that really the case? Think about it for a second. How many times have you been asked to do something and thought you did what was asked only to find out you were wrong? I know I have many times. My philosophy is not communication but that ensuring understanding is the key. You must know who you are speaking to and adapt your form of communication to that audience to ensure that they understand what you are saying. I talk to my boss different than my associates because there is a difference in understanding of goals and accomplishments. So next time someone doesn't do something the way you wanted ask yourself "did I truly ensure they understood what I was saying?"

No comments: