Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How? Huh? What tha...

Here I am traveling back to my hotel thinking about what to eat for dinner. Now there ain't much to choose from I mean c'mon I'm in Vandalia, IL. There is fast food and a Ponderosa, which I had yesterday. I decided I would like to try the new KFC Smokey Chipotle Crispy Chicken. I start thinking about that mouth watering goodness, I want it bad. I am going to get it to go, then enjoy the crispy delight. I pull into the parking lot thinking of that fried tastiness. I step to the counter, place my order for a two piece snack, then she says the unthinkable. She actually told me they only have one leg left. I said ok Original will do and she said, and I quote "no sir we only have one crispy leg left, no Original Recipe at all". Now correct me if I am wrong but this is KFC which stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken which should mean you specialize in chicken. How does KFC run out of chicken? If they ran out of fries I could understand. Run out of corn I understand. Beans, potatoes, biscuits, even Pepsi I could understand. But chicken??? How does that happen? Chicken is what they do! That's like Krispy Kreme running out of doughnuts or Starbucks running out of coffee. KFC running out of chicken? They should shut that franchise down.

2 comments:

Stephen Lowe said...

I went to Arby's one time and was told they were out of roast beef. I had the same reaction. It's like, that's the only thing they needed to not screw up and they still blew it.

Rex10 said...

I went to McDonald's once and ordered a chocolate shake and was informed they did not have any. When I inquired further, they young lady said (and I quote), "Wendy got good Frostys."