Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What a View!

This week I am in our St. Louis office for some training. I got to my hotel in Vandalia, IL (which should tell you I am not really in STL) at about 6:00pm or so on Monday. Good flight with good service as the pilot kept us up to date with the U.S. Open playoff during the trip. Well back to the hotel. The hotel is a Holiday Inn Express which I like quite a bit. What other place can you stay in one night then perform surgery the next day due to the excellent rest you got the night before. I get to my room pull the curtains back and there it was, the view of a lifetime. I almost had tears it was so beautiful. It capitvated my imagination. It just made me want to run outside and get a better look. The colors of dark blue with a hint of red outline was just superb. I could just tell by looking at it that there was more to this view than I could even imagine. The view was that of a Wal-Mart only a few hundred feet away. Treasure had been struck. I checked in Monday and have been there twice already. I will be back tonight for something, I am not sure what yet but I will return to the lovely tonight.

1 comment:

Rex10 said...

The proliferation of Wal-Mart is how I travel so light. I know if I forget anything, I can always find it at Wal-Mart within a few miles of my location. Thanks Sam Walton.