Monday, September 1, 2008

Living on the EDGE

Yesterday was the first time in two weeks I have been able to participate in the Fusion Student Ministry, EDGE. It felt good to be back. We didn't follow our normal program due to the holiday weekend. Instead I was tasked with delivering a message to the group. I think it went well, I could have done better but overall good. The message was about living in the light and coming out of the darkness. I used a clip from Ocean's 11 as an illustration. With the Labor Day weekend in full effect we expected to be way down from the previous weeks yet we still had a nice attendance number. That is encouraging as is seeing others step up and assist. Of our core team of five we had three of them out of town. Robby and Phil stepped up to help out. Both usually have other duties on Sunday yet they both found a way to live on the EDGE. Thanks guys we really appreciate it!

I can't wait for next week.

No comments: