Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reflections - 2008

I have been so busy I have not had a chance to do a year in review for 2008. So here it is; my reflections on the year that was 2008.

2008 was shall we say the most challenging yet most blessed year of my life. During the year my wife went to the doctor twice for check ups and ended up with surgery both times. One for a pacemaker the other an emergency c-section. I could sit here and complain as many have on other blogs about how wrong life has done them, how having multiple kids is draining, and how holidays are stressful and everything sucks but I CHOOSE to not think like that. Plus honestly 2008 was AWESOME! Yeah we had some serious medical stuff going on including my own little heart issue but guess what? Through all of that I have made some strong friendships, my marriage is better than ever, I have a beautiful daughter, amoung many other things. Here is a brief list of how 2008 was a HUGE blessing for me....
  • Was able to take care of my wife as she was in the hospital - twice
  • Witnessed the birth of my beautiful daughter (8 weeks early I might add)
  • Have been touched by how Greg 2.0 has reacted to Ashley from the day he first saw her in the NICU
  • Fell out after the birth of my daughter (no shame here, I am a wimp)
  • Saw my marriage grow by leaps and bounds through God's grace
  • Now have glasses (I can see)
  • Created a youth group at church from the ground up (very cool)
  • Met the Red Dino-Thunder Power Ranger
  • Went to Las Vegas
  • Taught a lesson from the Bible for the first time
  • Lost a lot of weight then put too much of it back on
  • Read 18 books (most I have ever read in one year)
  • Saw all three High School Musical movies
  • Started using Twitter
  • Created a message for church around America's Next Top Model
  • Saw John C. Maxwell twice; once as a motivational speaker the other preaching the word. Both were AWESOME!

That's enough for you. 2008 was so good to me that I may get a tattoo to remember the year. Later y'all.

No comments: