Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So I Missed It

Yep that's right I missed my goal of reading 20 books last year, I only read 18. That is still AWESOME for me, so I am real proud of that accomplishement. This year I plan to read 26 books that would be the two I missed last year along with a goal of two per month this year. I am almost finished with number one and will be rolling here soon. Recently I finished "The Shack" which I strongly encourage you to read if you haven't yet. This year's list will include Herschel Walker's Biography, "Un-Christian", "Boss", Chris Jericho's Auotbiography, "21 Laws of Leadership", "360 Degree Leader", and "Leadership Gold". Of course there will be more and I will list them along the side of the blog with links to Amazon for each book.

5 comments:

Rex10 said...

I recommend you add some fun reading too. Also, you should add in a classic...you know one of those books you were supposed to read in high school but read the cliff notes instead.

Greg Troxell said...

Well also on the list is HSM: Stories From East High. Does that count as being one from high school?

Stephen Lowe said...

I'm going to give you a run this year. I'm already on number 2. you gotta get audible, with your communte you could go through a book a week, easy.

Greg Troxell said...

oh I do not include audio books on the list. If I did then I would easily achieve the goal.

Rex10 said...

Audio don't count. To make a book part of you, you need to go from page to page and have time to ponder thoughts as they come. With an audible book, the pace is not yours. It is a passive experience...call it 2D TV.