Sunday, October 21, 2007

A return home?

As you may know my church used to meet at the movie theaters at the Mall of Georgia. Now if you didn't already know that before you laugh think about that for a minute.... We had the most comfortable pues in the state, we had drink holders, we knew what movies were playing, we knew what movies were coming soon, we had a concession stand if we wanted to buy drinks and candy, etc. Plus what other place could you go to where you could sit in the exact same seat and hear a great sermon then watch Saw 3? or drop your kids off for church where the sign out front says Jackass the Movie? Now back to my story, our church now meets in a high school (ha now what ya got to say?). Anyway while we met at the cinemas it was always cool to be able to go right down the escalator and grab sum grub right after services. Well today we did just that, sort of I mean now we have to get in the car and drive to the mall but you get the picture. Melissa had a pretzel dog, Greg 2.0 had a cheese dog and I had a cheese steak, it was like old times except for not seeing anyone we knew in the food court. Actually sitting there made me miss it a little (keyword: a little), it was always cool to go eat and see so many familar faces. I guess the easy way to fix that would be to ask others to go eat with you after church, maybe I'll invite them next week....to the food court.

1 comment:

happycrafty said...

The kids and I did that a couple weeks ago, and it was sad not to see other church members there. I too miss it "a little".