Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Monday's Group Thoughts


In our men's group the other night we were studying the Book of Mark. Let me set this up for you as we were focusing in on Mark 1:7 where John states "someone more powerful than I will come after me. I am not worthy to stoop down and untie the strap of his sandals" (HCSB) Well the discussion was about what can we relate this to today. Some stated Billy Graham and other respected religious leaders of our time. Well I was not remotely thinking the way the rest of the group was. My thought would be Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan stating that "you think I am good just wait until you see what is coming, one that I can't even come close too". We would be like "yeah right, you are the greatest to play your sport and you are saying that there is someone coming that you can't even lace up his Nikes?". Now that is somehing I can relate too. I guess my brain doesn't work like everyone else's. At the same time if I am speaking to someone about this verse that has little knowledge or belief in Christianity wouldn't I want to talk to them in terms they understand? That's exactly what I did for myself.
Hey I feel blessed to have the brain I got even if it is warped at times.

No comments: