Sunday, November 11, 2007

Time to Pick Up the Donuts

When I went to Dunkin Donuts this morning to pick up my regular Sunday morning order of 19 dozen donuts and 9 boxes of coffee I was met with a locked door. There were about 5 cars in the drive thru so I knew they were open. When I looked in the window I saw one of the ladies coming around the counter. I was standing outside with another lady and her son. When Ms. Donut opened the door she told the other lady that only the drive-thru was open then she waved my on inside as the she and her son looked on. It seems as though the people that were supposed to be there at 6:30am "to make the donuts" did not show up. This resulted in no frosted or sprinkle or boston cream or custard or chocolate filled or cream filled, you get the picture. I usually pick up my order at 7:40am, today I walked out with my order at about 8:25am. Little later than normal but what can ya do? They had 6 people scheduled and only 3 showed up, they were doing the best they could. It was kind of funny as I started bagging my own donuts and they gave me the key to the door to get in and out. I was telling people in the parking lot that only the drive-thru was open as they watched me come in and out with dozen after dozen and box of coffee after box of coffee.

I had a choice to make when I saw this and that was either to get mad and frusterated or to make the best of it and help where I could. I choose the latter and now I can look upon this as a funny situation. What choice would you have made?

No comments: