Thursday, February 7, 2008

Going Green...


Are you 'GREEN' I am proud to say I am. Well I don't have a hybrid (unless you include hybrid golf clubs) and I use more than one sheet of toliet paper but overall I am pretty GREEN. I recycle everything I can; cans, bottles, boxes, plastics, bags, sneakers, etc. Now my garbage company does make it easy with their pickup servcie but we should all try and conserve. I turn off lights whenever I can and soon I will switch my light bulbs to energy conserving bulbs. Before you start calling me a 'tree hugger' let me say the reason I have gone GREEN is not because I think we are causing Global Warming but because if it can be reused why not recycle it? We can save on landfills, conserve energy, and improve the air quality. As far as the whole Global Warming thing I think we can look at the fact it snowed twice in 7 days in Atlanta, China just had record low temps, and Chicago is getting snow like it was the North Pole and realize how warm the earth really is. I personally believe that man gives themselves way too much credit for something that was created and controlled by God. So bottom line is recycle what ya can and conserve where you can, not because you think you are controlling the weather but because it is the responsible thing to do.

2 comments:

WolfmanRobby said...

Long before His Holyness Al "Green machine" Gore the started hi campaign of Do as I say, not as I do.... Long Before we found out Aerosol can's and refrigerators were eating a hole in the ozone layer... I was drilled with the mantra "Reduce, Reuse & Recycle" by the Boy Scouts. Just for the sake of keeping our environment clean & reducing landfill space.

Reduce - try to use only what you need, be it in energy, cleaning products... anything. Waste not, want not

Reuse - If you can find another use for it instead of tossing it in the trash USE IT.
Old towels: make dust clothes & shop rags out of them.
Glass jars: Wash them, & there lids and use them to organize crafts, and nuts and bolts

Recycle - If you can't reuse it, recycle what you can. Keep it out of the landfill and let it go back to use in a new form.

CashQuest said...

Well, great that you think green. I agree there are many wonderful ways to save the forest and protect the environment....problem is - the policy makers don't listen to it cos they are busy making lots of money and expanding their businesses !