Friday, March 30, 2007

WrestleMania 23 this weekend

Can you believe it has been 23 years since Hulk Hogan and Mr. T teamed up to take on Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff in the first ever WrestleMania? I can remember it like it was yesterday. I have attended two WrestleManias #9 in Las Vegas and #10 in New York. I hope to attend next year as it will be in Orlando and I can pair that up with a trip to Disney.

Well back to this weekend, I am looking forward to a few matches like Cena vs Shawn Michaels, Lashley vs Umaga, the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, and the ECW Originals vs The New Breed but I am disappointed that more titles are not being defended. Consider this; the ECW World title, the Intercontinental title, the World Tag Team Titles, the WWE Tag Team titles, or the Cruiserweight Title are not being contested for. Now granted the ECW Champion, Bobby Lashley, and the Intercontinental Champion, Umaga, have a high-profile match with 'The Battle of the Billionaires' but what about the other championships? I'm sure that they will tie in another couple of matches considering this is to be a 4 hour pay per view but I wish they would give us a little bit more. Either way I plan to watch it and am looking forward to the show.

Here is the card as of now:

World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Undertaker
WWE Champion John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
Battle of the Billionaires (Bobby Lashley vs. Umaga)

Money in the Bank Ladder Match (C.M. Punk, Mr. Kennedy, The Hardys, Edge, Randy Orton, King Booker, Fit Finlay)

ECW Originals vs. New Breed
Women's Champion Melina vs. Ashley
Kane vs. The Great Khali
United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. MVP

It starts at 7:00pm on Sunday on pay-per-view don't miss it beeeeeeee there!

No comments: