Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What keeps you coming back?

I have been attending Fusion Church for almost two years now (doesn't seem that long) and thought about what keep me coming back? This past weekend I had the pleasure of speaking to some relatively new members that praised the music, preaching, atmosphere, people, and the overall creativity of the church. They spoke about how the messages are presented and such. I then asked myself "why do I continue to attend Fusion?". As great as our music is there are other churches that play the same stuff. Our pastor, Tony, is awesome however there are others around that preach a similar style with the same message. Our kids area is wonderful with the Kingdom Safari theme and great teachers but I know I pass a few churches that have cool stuff for the kids at their church too. As a friend of mine once said to me "God is everywhere, I do not have to drive 45 minutes to find him" which is so true. So why do I continue to go to Fusion and drive 45 minutes? I can honestly say because of the people. The people make the church. The connections we have made keep us coming back each week. We have new friends because of Fusion and we look forward to seeing them each week. My son has made new friends at Fusion. I am not saying I like everyone at the church because making that statement would be insane as no one can say that(btw - they may say it but I promise you that they are lying to you). I am not saying that the church is perfect as it is not but our people make the difference each and every week.

1 comment:

Rex10 said...

Amen brother! And might I add the friend you quote must be a very wise man. You are so fortunate to have some one like that as a friend. ;-) BR