Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A test in patience

On Sunday I went through several tests of patience and I think overall I passed, not with flying colors but a passing grade none the less. It started with our normal stop at McDs on the way to church as I was standing there I could see my order sitting there but no one was grabbing it. Why? Well someone deleted it off the screen, but one nice lady got it for me. No big deal yet right? Next as many know I pick up the doughnuts for church however this week the check was delayed which meant I would pay for the doughnuts. No big deal right? Well guess where my wallet was....yep at home. Good though as Shannon dropped off a check at Krispy Kreme. I arrive at Krispy Kreme (driving illegally) and they are packed. I grab the coffee but the glazed goodness is behind the counter. I then had to wait (as patiently as possible) for the crowd to lighten up. Finally I get the doughnuts and I am off to church. Of course by now I am running late. Then I literally get stopped by 12 red lights. I started counting after #5. I was getting pretty aggravated by now and Melissa said "this is just a test". That actually calmed me down a little. I never lost my cool but I was on the edge wanting to run the lights and race to church as if I was at Daytona. When I got to church I could see that there were several folk ready for their caffeine fix and sugar rush. The ushers assisted Robby in getting things set up and all was well. Sometimes we get tested and we have to decide how to react, how would you react?

1 comment:

WolfmanRobby said...

We've got your back, bro!

Robby